Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Knitting vs. Yard Work !!!!


One Jaywalker done, and second on the needles. I am liking this pattern as I can do it almost in my sleep. I also like the fact I can pick up and do a row as I have time. I have enough yarn to make a couple more pairs of these socks.

I have also cast on for The Sensational Shirttail sweater, from the Arans Celtic book from Knitters. I have carried this pattern around for sometime wanting to do it. We are suppose to be doing a Cable KAL and the LYS... this covers that project. I think it is more to encourage newer knitters to try any cable pattern of their choice. Between these 2 projects I have plently on the needles to keep me busy for some time. Along with this I like doing some smaller items for a baby we soon hope to have in the family.

An update on Mother. She has been home, at my brothers, now for 2 weeks. The six feet of snow they received has kept her very house bound. Brother has to bring the care givers in and back out to the main road. I do worry she is not walking enough. I have asked for an update assessment from her Nurse but to date have not received one.

I am trying to work about an hour n' half a day in yard. But it is always a slow process in spring to clean up. I will have to take a long weekend and go back north to see Mother in next week or so.

No comments: