Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yes I have returned...... sort of!

I have returned home. Well I staggered in sometime in the middle of the night last night. I had a lay over in Chicago as our plane was delayed. Daughter was there to pick me up at the airport and bring me to my front door. Then I opened the front door to see where one Duncan (cat) partied the weeks away. MESSY!!!!!!! he moved on to my new couch in the living room and took over. I spent an hour today trying to clean the mess up. Then there were just a few places where he threw up on the carpet. One or 2 new places, on the fairly new carpet, he is using it to sharpen his nails. All in all he is ok and I shall let him live longer. This is not the cat I first had. He has had a personality disorder for the last year I believe. Bi-polar cat maybe. Maybe something evil has carried the real Duncan away and is paying me back for some thing I did in another life with this imitation Duncan. I believe I shall start a new business. One week with Duncan living in your home you are guaranteed to NEVER get a pet. You can get this 'I wanta pet' cure for only $100.00 a week. I will deliver him to you at no extra cost, and pick him up one week later for the low price of a hundred bucks. If I fail to appear at the appointed time to retrieve Duncan....... good luck. Don't try to find me I will be in the Witness Protection Program, living on some warm beach holding a big drink of something that has a cute little paper umbrella sticking out of the top and waiting for the pool boy to rub my back with tanning lotion.
Then very very early this Sunday morning I dressed in the ugliest of sweat suits I have, donned a baseball cap, put on my largest dark glasses and was to sneak off to the 24 hour grocery store to get some half and half so I could start the day with coffee. There I was in my best disguised climbing in the car, keys in the ignition..... silence. Try this again, turn the key.... more silence. DEAD BATTERY!
I was only gone 3 weeks. Batteries die that fast? I suppose to add to the recent car drainage on my yarn funds, tomorrow I will have to go out and purchase a new battery. So I had black coffee, accompanied by no breakfast. Did that help my ever so pleasant personality you ask? Yes!!!!!!! It made me so cranky I came in the house, unpacked both suitcases and had laundry going by 7:30 AM. Then I vaccumed, took the entire fridge apart and filled a garbage bag and cleaned it. (it wasn't this clean when I bought the house) After I regained my sanity, I phoned a neighbor and begged a ride to the grocery store.
Now I ask you, why did I come home? I had a wonderful time in Washington DC.


Anonymous said...

Welcome back Janice. I can't wait to hear about your trip on Wed!


cher said...

Glad to have you back, although I'm sure it was hard leaving that cute little grandson of yours! We missed you!

rita said...

Oh my, the "get over pets" idea would really go over well! I should have signed up years ago. Fortunately I have a sister who keeps my dog when I travel, but he can destroy the house while we sleep.

I know how much you miss your baby. It's so hard to leave them, no matter how old/young they are!

Thanks for checking out my blog; I've been so uninspired lately!

Antevasin said...

Welcome home Janice! I'm sure you're already missing that sweet baby, and we're looking foward to hearing all about him! See you Wed.!

Theresa said...

Yea...Janice is back! It sounds like you're just thrilled to be back - I don't blame you, I think I'd rather stay with that little cutie you left behind.

Glad you're back and I can't wait to see you and hear about all of your adventures!