Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Life Repeating Its Self

Its true. Life does repeat. During the 1960's and early 70's I had a framed print hanging in my home. It looked just like what you see to the left. There was a war called Vietnam. It was the first war ever to be televised. It was scary as I had a son that was moving closer to the age to registar for the draft. I wanted peace. It saddened me each night to see Walter Cronkite give the total of lives lost each day. Imagine the families suffering those losses. Once again we are in a war. Once again we are losing lives and families are suffering. Is there ever an end? 33 Americans died this week in the war.
Stitches West is this weekend. Help me out here. Do I want to get up at 5 am and take the train to the Bay Area? Shop Shop Shop, and take the train back arriving home at 9 PM? Please feel free to vote in the comment section. Today I will REALLY talk about knitting. I am up to the heel on my Jay Walker sock and am impressed how it lets the colors strip. I think I will be doing this pattern again with other sock yarn that I currently have in stash. I have managed to take a photo of some of my sock yarn stash, and wish I could remember where I 'stashed' the other!!! This weekend we are looking at stormy weather so it will be a wonderful pajama/knitting weekend. I need to get these UFO's finished so I feel like I actually accomplish something with sticks and string.

No comments: