Saturday, May 19, 2007

Whales, Walls and Miters

The Whales are still swiming in the Sacramento River. The crowds are turning out to cheer them on. So far those in charge seem to think they are doing ok health wise. It is a guess their radar is just messed up. They have tried sounds effects of whales to try to draw them back to the Bay near San Francisco and out into the ocean. If this doesn't work they will try herding them with boats behind them making dreadful loud noises. I fear that may just frighten them. It is amazing to watch these huges animals surface and spout water, then back under the water. I think there is concern for food for them.

Last nite I finished a miter. This is from the "Mason-Dixon Knitters" book. I have followed Cara through her 120 or so knitted miters. I had this urge to try them after reading her blog for a month or so. I had to try ONE sq. This was to keep me from buying yarn for many more. I figured one would make a great pillow top. I am almost finished sewing the sq. together. I am so glad to get that out of my system. I will continue to admire Cara's and not be doing as many as she did.

My wall of old boxes is coming along. It will hold alot of yarn when done. It is about half really old boxes I have collected for years and some new ones I have bought recently. I will not post a picture till I have some idea if this is going to work or not. Its going to be a great weekend weather wise here. Everyone enjoy!!

No comments: