Monday, September 10, 2007

Please Remember

Tomorrow is the 6th year since 9/11. Please do not forget to fly a flag and remember all those serving in the Middle East and other nations. We have been safe from attacks for the last 6 years due to the military and others protecting us.

On the knitting front, I have finished another small hat and socks set for the new baby. They are so cute and miniature looking I don't want to even send them off. I just want to look at them and how tiny they are. On the needles now is a top down cardigan for a 9-12 month old. I am knitting this in a dark blue with the cutest little school bus buttons. I am trying to plan for a early spring baby, so he will have something to wear the following winter. This is the new Cotton Ease yarn, which is great and easy to knit with.

The pattern for the top down sweater is an Ann Norling. I have done 2 small top downs, this one and another that was a Pure and Simple pattern. I have to say I think both patterns are great. The Ann Norling for the multi gauge sizes the pattern gives you to seek out different yarns. The Pure and Simple patterns are much easier knitting and I think I will be sticking with them in the future. I have a couple of the Pure and Simple sweater patterns for myself. Great easy knitting.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Very cute :-)

cher said...

I love that set! The colors are great. Those are the cutest buttons ever! It makes me want to sing " The wheels on the bus go round and round.."