Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Returned

Home from a great trip. Actually am slow in writing, but have been home now for a week. See the above photo. That is 5 grands from the east coast and some old lady in the photo, taken Mothers Day. I had such a wonderful time. Weather was just perfect. I got lots of time to see kids and the little guy and I did just great together for days while I watched him. We went for lots of walks, down to the LYS and also down to Dad's office. Ever reluctant to leave there, this time I got a 2 day delay as I got some bug. Daughter in law took charge, sent me to Kaiser and got me a new flight home. Not a good way to prolong a vacation, let me tell you.

Had great visits with the girls at DC Stitches, and found a comfortable place to sit down and knit. My friend named "Knittingcats" on Twitter, needs to venture to the shop. And the weekend Craft Fair and Flea Market is always an enjoyment to wander thru. Even had a fruit crepe that was outstanding for breakfast one morning.

I can check off one more site in DC that I finally got to visit. Talked son into going up to the National Cathedral. I have always wanted to see it. Much bigger than I had thought it would be and it has been a work in progress for many many yrs. The windows were beautiful, the marble floors outstanding. There were reg tourist groups visiting. Jeff, Jackson and I just wandered and looked. Then we went up to visit the towers with such outstanding views of Washington DC.

Am back home and at work on both jobs again. The sixteen yarn shops in this area are holding a 'Yarn Shop Hop' starting tomorrow, June 3rd. We will be busier at work. Right now going into the summer season things quiet down some during this time of the year. Yarns, books and new buttons beeing ordered for fall.

Happy Birthday Mason!!

Jackson below looking as beautiful as he alway does. He takes sign language classes with his mother every Sat and it is so sweet watching him doing his little signs.

No comments: